Final Score: Padres 7, Mets 3
Player Of The Game: Ronny Cedeno- 1-for-1, pinch-hit 2-R HR
Goat Of The Game: Matt Harvey- 5 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 81 pitches (50 strikes)
- Matt Harvey struggled, serving up a ton of extra-base hits. He’s struggled in the past when moving up from level to level, although I am a bit surprised that the Padres would be the team he struggles against.
- Ramon Ramirez out of the ‘pen wasn’t great, either. He allowed two runs on three hits in 1.2 innings. Gary Cohen pointed out on the telecast how Ramirez doesn’t get quick outs. I have to agree with him, and today was just another example.
- Ruben Tejada had another two-hit game. He has just been on fire lately. I think he’s a solid option as a leadoff man if he can keep his on-base percentage up. Anyone else agree? He doesn’t have the speed, but he can sure get on base.
- Ike Davis hit another home run, hiss 18th. However, he is still hitting just .212 on the season.
- The Mets have an off-day tomorrow, and begin a three-game series at home with the Marlins. Let’s go Mets!