Final Score: Nationals 5, Mets 2
Player Of The Game: Jordany Valdespin- 1-1, PH HR in eighth
Goat Of the Game: Jason Bay- Error in sith that costed Mets a few runs, 0-2, K
- R.A. Dickey wasn’t great tonight. He was hurt by the Bay error, but lately he hasn’t been the Dickey of old. It was hit first loss in 17 starts.
- Jordany Valdespin‘s home run in the eighth was his fifth pinch-hit home run of the season, a new Mets single-season record. He has a shot to break the all-time rookie record of seven if he keeps this going.
- The offense… was just terrible tonight. They were facing Gio Gonzalez, but they have to scratch out more than three hits. The only Mets who got hits were Ike Davis, Scott Hairston, and Ronny Cedeno.
- The bullpen had a surprisingly decent night. Of course the only time they would pitch well would be when the offense can’t score a run! Manny Acosta (fresh from Buffalo) along with Josh Edgin and Ramon Ramirez pitched a combined three scoreless innings.
- This is free-falling. It’s getting ridiculous. 11 of 12. The Mets are now 47-50 on the season.
- The Mets finish off the series tomorrow with Jeremy Hefner going up against Stephen Strasburg. Oh boy…