The Mets play the Cardinals today at 1:10 in Port St. Lucie. Mike Pelfrey will start. The game can be seen on PIX 11. Here are some other Mets notes:
- Jon Heyman reported that the Mets are looking to trade Mike Pelfrey. However, he also wrote later that it will be very tough to find a team. You can also read my reaction.
- Mike Puma of the New York Post says there will be no major swing changes for Jason Bay.
- Despite Tim Byrdak‘s injury, which could keep him off the field for another month, the Mets will not be signing C.J. Nitkowski. Nitkowsi threw for the Mets in Port St. Lucie, but could not get a deal done with them.
- Anthony DiComo reported D.J. Carrasco may not be ready for Opening Day. Carrasco was the long man for the team last year, and was the favorite to earn the same role this season before an ankle injury got in the way.
- According to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, Matt Den Dekker is in a competition for the last spot on the Met Opening Day roster, likely with Mike Baxter.
- Adam Rubin says David Wright will not play on Sunday against the Nationals.