Here is some news from regarding the Mets organization
- Shortstop Ruben Tejada is expected to arrive in camp today, according to Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger. According to the article, Ruben and Daniel Murphy will be working together every day for all of spring training once Tejada arrives.
- McCullough also reported that the Mets will be pushing back Johan Santana‘s first spring start from March 5 to March 6. No, this is no setback. The Mets had simply forgot to add his long-toss day into the schedule.
- Speaking of March 5, Chad Bray of the Wall Street Journal reported that a judge will make a decision on whether to bring the Picard-Wilpon suit to court by March 5.
- We are just 10 days away from the first Met spring training game against the Nationals. The Mets play 31 spring training games before the season opens on April 5.
Here are some interesting notes from around the web:
- Michael Baron of MetsBlog is continuing his series of Met interviews. This time, it was Josh Thole.
- Brian Journa of Mets 360 asks why the bullpen gets a bad rap and eplains why they shouldn’t.
- NeverForget60.com releases its top 10 Gary Carter moments.
- David Wright is “yearning” for a championship with the Mets.
- Sean Engel of the Daily Stache gives his take on who should have which number.
Lastly, here is some general baseball news that you may have missed:
- According to an ESPN “Source,” says that the proposed expanded playoff system is likely to be put in place this season.
- If you didn’t catch Major League Baseball’s statement on the Braun situation, here it is. As Buster Olney explained today, Major League Baseball will likely change their system after this incident. Olney explained that there are three arbitrators, one who represents the union, one for the league, and one independent. The representatives for the union and league always vote for their sides, so it comes down to the arbitrator. This time, it didn’t go in their favor, and Bud Selig didn’t like it.
- Manny Ramirez reported to A’s camp today. The 39 year-old DH/outfielder will serve a 50-game suspension before he can play.
- Ryan Zimmerman wants a no-trade clause in an extension with the Washington Nationals. The two sides have been negotiating for a while now.