Here is some news from regarding the Mets organization
- The Mets sent someone to watch former Devil Rays ace Scott Kazmir pitch.. He didn’t impress.
- Matt Harvey threw live BP yesterday and apparently impressed everyone, according to Anthony DiComo of Mets.com. He has received nothing but praise this spring for his mechanics and movement on his pitches.
- The Mets officially announced their promotional schedule yesterday. Giveaways include: bobbleheads of former Mets Tom Seaver, Rust Staub, Keith Hernandez, Edgardo Alfonzo, and Mike Piazza. Other events include John Franco’s Met Hall of Fame induction on June 3, and Banner Day on May 27.
- Ruben Tejada will report to camp today and meet with manager Terry Collins to discuss why Terry is disappointed in him and Ruben’s epectations.
- The Mets will wear a patch on their uniforms this season to honor Gary “The Kid” Carter who died last week at 57.
- We are just 9 days away from the first Met spring training game against the Nationals. The Mets play 31 spring training games before the season opens on April 5.
Here are some interesting notes from around the web:
- Ed Leyro over at Studious Metsimus re-visits the history of the Mets right field position over their history and explains how Lucas Duda may break the trend.
- Ed Ryan of Mets Fever discusses who’s roster spot D.J. Carrasco could steal.
- A fan gives his take on the Met bobblehead giveaways.
- Matt Kauffman of RisingApple.com asks: Do the Mets want Jason Bay to fail?
Lastly, here is some general baseball news that you may have missed:
- Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard may have had a setback in his return from an ankle injury he suffered on the last play of the postseason in 2011. He will see a doctor next week.
- Giants righty Matt Cain is working on an extension with the Giants Cain is scheduled to hit the open market this winter as a free agent if a deal isn’t reached. The 27 year-old went 12-11 with a 2.88 ERA in 2011.
- Bobby Valentine has finally banned alcohol from the Red Sox clubhouse.
Let’s go Mets!