Here is some news from regarding the Mets organization
- Ruben Tejada‘s arrival to camp has been delayed by visa issues, despite the fact that the Mets arranged his working visa months in advance, and Terry Collins is upset about it.
- Jason Bay believes his two bad years are now behind him. Bay’s slugging percentage dropped from a career .519 before coming to the Mets, to just .386 with them.
- According to SNY’s Matt Dunn, Johan Santana is scheduled to throw another bullpen session on Sunday. Johan pitched a 32-pitch bullpen session yesterday, and a 29-pitch bullpen earlier this week, both of which went fine. His first start of the spring is slated for March 5 against the Nationals.
- We are just 10 days away from the first Met spring training game against the Nationals. The Mets play 31 spring training games before the season opens on April 5.
Here are some interesting notes from around the web:
- Michael Baron of MetsBlog interviewed Met infielder Daniel Murphy. Murphy is coming off a major knee injury he suffered last August. MY TAKE: I really hope Murphy can gab the job and run with it. His bat is an enormous talent, and it’s sad to see something so valuable being wasted because the Mets can’t find a spot for him.
- Jim Mancari of Mets Merized Online says: yes, this team IS better than the ’62 Mets.
- Rob Patterson of Mets Fever explains why Scott Kazmir is a fit for the Mets.
- Carlos Beltran will pay for Jon Niese’s nose job…
- Happy birthday Bobby Bonilla!
Lastly, here is some general baseball news that you may have missed:
- Ryan Braun won his case with arbitrator and avoided a 50-game suspension. Braun, 28, was given the National League MVP award in November.
- Bobby Jenks told his gruesome encounter with a life-threatening back injury.
- Lastly, starting pitcher Roy Oswalt may be considering pulling a Roger Clemens by signing with a team mid-season. Everyone knows the first two months of the season are the most boring, right? No word yet on whether he plans to play his minor league comeback stars with his daughter’s T-ball league…