Here is some news from yesterday regarding the Mets organization
- Mets ace Johan Santana will make his spring debut in the Mets first game on March 5, against the Nationals. Johan missed all of last season due to shoulder surgery he underwent in late 2010.
- Santana also threw a 29-pitch bullpen session, in which he spoke to the media afterwards.
- It was announced that Mookie Wilson will stay with the Met organization, coaching minor leaguers during the regular season. Mookie was the Mets first base coach last year, but was removed from the position after the season ended and was replaced by Tom Goodwin.
- Terry Collins had his first formal press conference of the spring, in which he addressed multiple important points.
Here are some interesting notes from around the web:
- Clayton Collier looks at the 2012 Mets from an optimistic standpoint on Mets Merized Online.
- Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue says Dillon Gee has a long way to go in his development.
- Toby Hyde of MetsMinorLeagueBlog.com analyzes Reese Havens, his eighth best Mets prospect for 2012.
Lastly, here is some general baseball news that you may have missed: