Here is tonight’s Met lineup:
- Angel Pagan CF
- Justin Turner 2B
- David Wright 3B
- Lucas Duda 1B
- Jason Bay LF
- Scott Hairston RF
- Ronny Paulino C
- Ruben Tejada SS
- Jonathon Niese LHP (11-9, 4.03)
vs. Cory Luebke (4-6, 3.09)
Needs to step up: Ronny Paulino
A few bloggers and columnists have been saying that Paulino should be moved aside to make room for Josh Thole. Paulino needs to prove to the Mets in the next few weeks that he’s worth bringing back and should have a big role next season.
Today’s talking points:
- Brandon Nimmo signed with the Mets and received a $2.1 million signing bonus.
- Terry Collins says he thinks Pedro Beato could be a starter.
- Jose Reyes has started baseball activities, but his return has been pushed back.
- Jason Isringhausen collected his 300th save last night. He is the 23rd player in baseball history to reach that milestone, and the third to do it as a Met.
If you haven’t noticed, I am trying to turn my Pre-Games into more of a discussion oriented article. Please, feel free to comment. I left some talking points that you and other readers can discuss during the game.