The Mets start a three-game series against the Phillies on Monday. Here are the pitching matchups for the series:
Lee has won each of his last four starts, but has otherwise been inconsistent this season, at least by his standards. Lee has allowed four runs or more in seven of his 25 starts this season. Lee allowed one run in seven innings in his only start against the Mets.
Worley has collected two of his eight wins against the Mets this season. He is 2-1 with a 3.77 ERA against them.
Kendrick is 1-1 against the Mets this season in four games with a 1.76 ERA.
- The Phillies are 81-44, and are in first place in the National League East. They have four more wins than the Yankees and Red Sox, who are second in the majors in wins. They are 6-4 in their last 10, and 44-20 at home this season.
- The Phils pitching staff has a combined 3.08 ERA, first in the National League. Three of the Philadelphia starters, Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay, and Cliff Lee, all have at least 13 wins this season. Halladay and Hamels are both making great cases for themselves for the Cy Young Award.
- Ryan Howard is leading the National League in RBI with 96, and leading the Phillies in home runs, doubles, and walks. He is having a fantastic season once again, despite his average sinking.
- Hunter Pence, who was acquired by the Phillies from the Astros, is hitting .324 with four home runs and 12 RBI since coming to the Phils.
What to expect:
- Well, this may be a long series. We can hope the Mets can snap out of this slide, and at least attempt to stay with the Phillies, but I don’t know if it’s going to happen.