Article written by

I'm a 16 year-old blogger, high school student, and lifelong Mets fan. I've been blogging about the Mets in some form or another for about four years. I embrace the new age, sabermetric way of thinking, but also recognize the importance of scouting and player devlopment.

12 Responses

1. anonymous
    anonymous at | | Reply

BJ Upton can’t hit.  If a GM trades for him, it will be just for late inning defense.  If you think he’s gonna help your team with his .227 batting average, ownership will fire you after the last day of the season.

1. Connor O'Brien
      Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

I’m not the one who said he is a better option. He is an alternative that some GMs think is a better value. I disagree because as you said, he’s hitting .227.

2. Wmpopper
    Wmpopper at | | Reply

Trade him to SF Giants for a player to be named later.

3. guest
    guest at | | Reply

You look dumb now don’t you?

4. Riccardino
    Riccardino at | | Reply

hahahahahahaha

5. guest3
    guest3 at | | Reply

this is dumb. there is no way he will return to the shitty mets if hes given a chance to sign with a top tier team. if the giants get him i have no doubt that he will be theirs for years to come.

1. Connor O'Brien
      Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

I know it’s very rare that this kind of thing happens. It probably won’t but a lot of people have said it is in the realm of possibility

1. Kjeroh
        Kjeroh at | | Reply

I would be inclined to agree that it’s in the realm of possibilities. The Mets seem to have developed a good core of young players, with a manager who really knows HOW to manage a game. They may be a very exciting team and it’s what Carlos Beltran signed on for originally — a shot at the top in New York. However, the Mets are still building and may be a couple of years away from a legitimate shot at the post season. Carlos Beltran wants to play for a team that’s there and his bat, defense and speed can help bring rings.

Personally, I agree with the assessment because the closer you get to the deadline, the more likely the team looking to trade will settle for less. However, in this situation, the Giants decided they can part with a pitcher 2-3 years from the majors. And as you pointed out, Beltran is getting hot again.

1. Connor O'Brien
          Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

Yeah, I think both sides won. The Giants are pushing hard to repeat and the Mets are pushing hard to build for the future. So far, I think they’re doing a decent job.

2. Connor O'Brien
      Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

It’s unlikely, but he loves New York

6. Connor O'Brien
    Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

According to an article by Jayson Stark, the Mets had previously asked for Wheeler and they had said no but caved today apparently

7. Connor O'Brien
    Connor O'Brien at | | Reply

If you’ve been paying any attention to the situation, you would know that this trade was very unlikely a few days ago.