Nationals 5, Astros 2
- Jason Marquis- (W, 8-4) 8 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, BB, 9 SO
- Jordan Lyles- (L, 0-5) 8.1 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, BB, 6 SO
- Ryan Zimmerman- 2-4, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Carlos Lee- 2-3, RBI
Notes: Late-inning dramatics were the highlight of the Nationals- Astros game out in Houston. The game was tied after eight innings, until Ryan Zimmerman drove in a run on a single to put the Nats up 3-2. Then, Lance Nix singled to right, scoring Zimmerman and Michael Morse. Drew Storen came in for the Nats and recorded his 25th save of the year.
Braves 7, Rockies 4
- Derek Lowe- (W, 6-7) 6.1 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
- Jason Hammel- (L, 5-9) 5 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, SO
- Freddie Freeman- 3-5, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Todd Helton- 1-3, 2 RBI
Notes: Freddie Freeman had a had a huge night out in Colorado, driving in three of the seven Atlanta runs. Derek Lowe got the win for the Braves, scattering eight hits in 6.1 innings.
Cubs 6, Phillies 1
- Rodrigo Lopez- (W, 2-2) 6.2 IP, 5 H, ER, 3 SO
- Roy Halladay- (L, 11-4) 4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, BB, SO, Left early (Heat)
- Carlos Pena- 3-3, 2 RBI, R
- John Mayberry Jr.- 2-4
Notes: This game was overshadowed by the fact that Roy Halladay left the game early because of the extremely high temperatures in Chicago. He is expected to make his next start, but couldn’t get it done against the Cubs. Rodrigo Lopez and the Cubs bullpen shut down the red-hot Phillies offense on the way to a 6-1 win.